The Melbourne Sandbelt region is home to some of the best golf courses in Australia. Many of the world’s top professional golfers have praised the set-up and challenge of the courses in the area, making it a must-play destination for any avid golfer.
Whether you’re a scratch golfer or starting out, you’ll find a course to suit your level!
And it’s not just about the golf; the Sandbelt is also a beautiful part of Australia, with its rolling hills, eucalyptus forests and stunning beaches. There’s plenty to see and do in the region, so you’ll never be bored when you visit.
At Fairway Golf Tours, we offer some of the best Melbourne Sandbelt golf tours available. In this article, we explore what guests can expect once they take part, including the courses, accommodation, and more.
What Do We Have on Offer with Our Melbourne Sandbelt Golf Tours?
From the likes of Royal Melbourne, Kingston Heath and Victoria Golf Club, golfers across Australia and the wider world love to play on these eight amazing courses spanning across Melbourne’s outskirts.
As part of our Melbourne Sandbelt Golf Courses & Tour Packages, we have multiple exciting options for visits to this iconic region. If you are searching for a place in the city with close proximity to Southbank and the CBD, we have just what you need!
Custom Packages Available
While some people prefer to be given a pre-arranged itinerary and roll straight into their golf tours, others like to tailor their own packages that match their skill levels.
Our team at Fairway Golf Tours can provide customised, escorted golf tours across every corner of the Melbourne Sandbelt, offering packages ideal for singles, couples, families, and larger groups. Simply inform us which of the courses you would like to play on, the length of time you wish to plan for your trip, and we will handle the rest!
Explore Some of the Top Golf Courses in Melbourne
- COMMONWEALTH GOLF CLUB: Favoured for its majestic, tree-lined fairways, challenging bunkers and rolling greens, this 18-hole course has been around since the 1920s, promising golfers of every skill level something to test them.
- HUNTINGDALE GOLF CLUB: As one of the nation’s most famous courses, Huntingdale has hosted some of the world’s greatest golfers at various Australian Masters. Golfers of all abilities will love the rippling greens, trimmed fairways, and tactical bunkers.
- KINGSTON HEATH: This is the 2nd highest ranked course in Australia, offering heavy contours on manicured greens, a litter of challenging bunkers to overcome, and some gorgeous native flora lining each hole.
- ROYAL MELBOURNE: Excellent for professionals and amateurs alike, players will truly have their knowledge of club usage tested. There is both an East and West Course, with a composite of the two often used in major events.
- METROPOLITAN GOLF CLUB: Experience a world-class golfing adventure on a site that has been hosting players for over a century. As a championship course, it has received millions of dollars in renovations to offer a leading clubhouse, unmatched amenities and superior service.
- PENINSULA KINGSWOOD COUNTRY CLUB: Recent renovations have made this the finest course for a golf experience on the Sandbelt in the world of conditioning and design. This includes new bunkers, creek lines, as well as putting surfaces made from revolutionary new firm, fast greens.
- VICTORIA GOLF CLUB: Delve into fairways that run through a rolling landscape of beautiful gums and native ti-trees. You must contend with several elevated greens encircled by lengthy bunkers alongside numerous blind drives.
- YARRA: Nearly one hundred years old, this traditional course has stood the test of time. It still follows the same original layout, with the greens offering some of Melbourne’s most extreme slopes.
What Accommodation is Available within Our Melbourne Sandbelt Golf Tours?
- CITY TEMPO, SOUTHBANK: Situated in the central region of Melbourne’s Southbank, you will have all the wider city at your disposal throughout your stay. This spot is nestled between the bright lights and thrilling excitement found in the Crown Entertainment Complex, making it ideal for those needing some new experiences after their golf tours.
- CROWN CASINO: The Crown Promenade Melbourne offers a selection of ultra-modern and chic guest rooms to rest during your golf tours in Melbourne. From more affordable, standard rooms to luxurious studio suites, golfers will be thrilled with natural tone furnishings, original artwork, and floor-to-ceiling windows offering fantastic city views.
Learn More About the Best Golf Tour Package For You with Fairway Golf Tours
Discover the golf tours and experiences that best suit your preferences with the selection available from Fairway Golf Tours. Contact us today to learn more.